Holy cats!

Holy cats!
But didn't this video game swallow fist fulls of quarters.

So when i saw this, i was pretty pumped. 
The concept is fantastic.

Off to kickstarter then. I quickly found it and started scrolling down and the first thing that hit me was. Don had never backed an other project. Kinda a red flag, but not a disqualifier. Let's call it a yellow flag then.

Well as i continued to read i noticed something that kinda irked me.

Don Bluth. 
He's a really big name in his field. 
He could give a 40 year old geek at Disney a pitch and a high five to get this project rolling. Why then use kickstarter. 

Now mind you that i am certain my prejudice against the rich and well connected using kickstarter is simply what it is. But it seems to diminish those projects that would otherwise never see the light of day. The prostitution of celebrity.

Oh well.
It was a good try, i might have gone to see it in a theater but i don't think that i need part with any of my quatloos for this.

What about you folks? 
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/donbluth/dragons-lair-the-movie?ref=nav_search

Comments

  1. I don't think that Disney would greenlight a project like this without wanting to take over the IP. And if I were in Mr. Bluth's shoes, I wouldn't want to sign this over to Disney, if I had any other options.

    For me this issue is more that I don't think that Mr. Bluth is a particularly good movie maker - I found Titan AE to be a a dog. And I don't have enough nostalgia for Dirk and Daphne to put money into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main problem to me is how the rewards have been structured... A Blu-ray for 125$? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this yesterday. I am really thinking about this. I loved this game as a kid. The cost is a little high . 125 for the blue ray. Out of my range.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment