Ah, children and small animals.


Ah, children and small animals.
Nothing will convert your favorite books into dogshit faster.

As of late a friend of mine had his Monster Manual and DMG eaten while he was at work. Part of the issue was the fact that he has two dogs that are basicly industrial shredding machines that bark and piss on things. The other part is the children, who enjoy a good bit of D&D but like to leave things for said shredding devices to find.

It doesn't help that food is most likely smeared on the books before the dogs get there.

But, the reason i called this meeting is.
Today i will be replacing them with newly printed and bound books out of my workshop. I see no issue in doing so and see this activity as fair as fair can be. For i can backup my data, or your data in many a format.

But what say you?
How do you backup physical information and objects?
Or do you for some reason object to such projects?

Comments

  1. Pictured above: failed suicide attempt by canis familiarize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know what tend to think about intellectual property rules, so I would do the same were I in your position. And I think that there's nothing ethically out of line with restoring a physical book from a backup, as it were, as long as it doesn't become an excuse to simply stamp the things out an sell a few on the side. I don't know enough about copyright law to know what the legal implications are. But I suspect that, given that these books aren't meant to be disposable, that it's not too far out of line.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment