Has anybody else played Tales From The Floating Vagabond?

Has anybody else played Tales From The Floating Vagabond?

Egads. It had to be one of the first of the RPGs that fundamentally changed the way i ran a game. I interjected a great deal more humor. I gave wacky a shot in my D&D games. 

I also learned that big characters make for big stories. 

It changed my players.

They went from Conan the Barbarian to The Big Lebowski with a -2 AC. And making each other laugh replaced a great deal of the rule talk.

We went from guys playing a simulation dungeon crawl. To a group of drinking buddies touring the towns. Saving the prince or princess. and Killing the dragons.

It changed a dynamic. It broadened the story hooks and made our games more play.

If you have played it, i would love to hear what you think of it.
If you haven't. Well it's 7 bucks.

The most awesome 7 bucks your group may spend this year.
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/2010/Tales-From-The-Floating-Vagabond?it=1

Comments

  1. Oh jeez... I ran it several times back in high school. I remember having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment