Many moons ago.

Many moons ago.
When i worked with Chaplins, me of all people.

I lived spitting distance from Rothenburg ob der Tauber.

In this wonderful little town is a great little history museum.

I once played hooky from a shit job to go there and see the sights.

What i found painted a fuller picture of my D&D games. Things were bad. Not just science and medicine, but everything. The food went bad quickly. The water wasn't safe to drink. The laws were insane and the justice was meted out by mad men of power. Everybody smelled bad and the roads were paved with horse shit.

But we can all look back on it now with much of the terror torn away and see a realm of romantic exploration. Of magic and heroes.

My worlds have a tenancy to be rather grim from time to time. Take a look at the most light hearted rendition of a tour i could find of what is often called the torture museum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VapIqp4Q4HY

Comments