While sipping my cup of coffee this morning. Something odd dawned on me.


While sipping my cup of coffee this morning. Something odd dawned on me.

In my D&D games i often see a theme.
The good guys aren't really the good guys.

The good guys do some pretty bad shit, all in the name of being the good guy. Sadly, it is how the world works.

Let me give you a bit of an example.

The Flash.

I dig the Flash. I like the guy who plays the Flash and think he does a bang up job. It's a fun program and the people in it are monsters. Sure they fight monsters, but they have all long ago become monsters themselves.

In the basement of their MacGuffin hideout, these guys have a dungeon. Pure and simple they have a dungeon. They lock away the bad guys each week in some super human holding broom closet and file them away like so much paperwork. They are then promptly forgotten and the new monster of the week rears its ugly head.

So while i may be a Dungeon Master. I don't play one on TV. But the Flash sure does.

To step out of character, i would quote somebody i don't usually quote. Jesse Jackson.

“Capital punishment turns the state into a murderer. But imprisonment turns the state into a gay dungeon-master.”

Comments

  1. While I really like the Flash, their basement dungeon is one of two things about the show I haven't liked.  I think that for two season's I've been incredibly patient about the other thing.  However I think after last night's season finale, my patience may be at an end.  People attending tonight's Supers game, be warned.  There may be a rant coming on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment