Oi, not this again.


Why hello there boys and girls. It seems that there is a controversy on the internet. And it's a good one. 

By that i don't mean it has good implications, it doesn't. I mean it seems to be a rife ground for folks to justify bad behavior by pointing at other bad behavior. And when the instigating offence is big enough it seems to justify all manner of foulness. 

So, today i am going to be vague. Because this is something i plan on pointing to in the future. So, just remember this as a good spot to flash back on when this sort of thing happens again. It will. Don't you worry. 

Let me kick off the ball game by saying this. Everyone is a hypocrite. Everyone.
You are.
I am. 
Ladi Dadi everybody.

Anyone who says otherwise. Is lying to you. 

Now that we have that out of the way. I would ask that you remember that when you next time want to judge the fuck out of somebody you are responding to on the internet. I want you to remember it when you formulate your arguments. I want you to write it on your hand and look at it when you speak in anger on any topic. And i want you to look at it when you read anything written in anger. Or when you hear somebody speak in anger. 

It's not easy. You're not going to do it, all the time. 
That's fine. It's natural human nature like the desire to shit someplace with a door. 

As this is a flashback. I would like to state that i am not talking about anything in particular. I am just pointing out that folks will do things against their better angles. They will spout shit they don't believe. They will advocate for heinous causes and generally muck up logic with emotion. They will be hurtful and downright monstrous. 

This doesn't make them monsters. It makes them human. 
And humans make the best monsters. 

In the end i am reminded of words from my homeboy Freddy. 
Fred said. "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you". 

I would add that if you gaze into the abyss long enough, it winks. 
And that's creepy as fuck. 

You will fail, i will fail. You will be wrong, i will be wrong.
I'm wrong a lot, and if you are honest with yourself. So are you. 

I'm not asking you to forgive. I'm not asking for you to forget. I'm just asking that when you see something pop up on the internet. You don't stoop to the level of a shit bag to score points against a shit bag. 

Because you are better than that.
And if you are not, well. You should be. 

Comments