TL:DR Version. Marcus Aurelius is my homeboy.


TL:DR Version. Marcus Aurelius is my homeboy.

Today i have had the good fortune to read something that has struck a cord on many levels.It's something i have read before and it just didn't sing like a plucked bowstring for me.

But, today. “The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”. Really struck me as one of the best bits of DMing advice that you could give anyone.

I would couple it with a healthy dose of my favorite beverage. False Motivation.

If you know that you would want to run a game for the first time. Just go ahead and do so. Because that which is stopping you, isn't stopping you. Those problems you encounter will just simply define the course you take. And if you can fake it, well hell. That's the other half of the battle.

So, live life as if today were your last. Run those things you fear the most. Build what you would like to see built in your lifetime. And most of all never regret having run a game. For those regrets will weigh on you worse than failure.

Comments