Ah.

Ah.
When i get irked. I like to let it simmer. I like to reflect on just why i am irked.
Maybe it's me. I make mistakes. I'm wrong on occasion. I'm cool with that.

I don't mind when some random stranger has issue with me. Or when some random stranger stretches the truth to bad mouth me. I don't care what their opinion of me is. I know who i am. They can't change that image. I know that i am surrounded by people who will gladly call me on my shit. I appreciate that. I know that there are a handful of people in this world who have opinions that matter.

All that being said. I don't mind when somebody feels the need to bad mouth me. That's fine. I make a good Boogeyman if you happen to need one. I'm available for birthdays, parties and bar mitzvahs.

What i take exception to is lumping other people into the "I hate Jonathan Henry" band wagon. The people i speak with are not my loyal cohorts. They are not members of some cult of personality that obey my every whim. They are simply gamers who enjoy a bit of conversation from time to time.

So, if you have an issue with me. I'm cool with it. Hell, i even encourage it. But, when you feel the need to paint other people with the brush you paint me. It makes you an asshole.

I understand that righteous indignation is the best kind of indignation. But, when you wield it like a weapon to exclude people. I will call you a coward.

Judge me on a 30 second sound bite. I'm cool with it.
Judge everybody else.
I'm not so cool with it.

But hey, look for yourself.
Judge for yourself and step into the echo chamber.

Anywho. Just wanted to get that off my chest.
https://www.facebook.com/rneri2/posts/10155893682605895

Comments

  1. I am a coward I admit.
    I will never forget, however, that soon after we met online in one of those Hangouts, that you sent me one of your games in the mail just because I sounded interested. I didn't play Hulks and Horrors only a handful of times, but it was real fun each time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Heywood i hold nothing against you. You have always been a good, upstanding individual. You have shared plenty of adventure and goodness with the gaming community. I appreciate that.

    I just take exception to other folk trying to make others into bad guys by association.

    I am happy to be judged by others. I just disapprove of painting others in a negative light because somebody doesn't like me.

    I hope this finds you and your family doing well and being happy. You are always welcome. You are good people, don't let anybody tell you different.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment