Oh wise ladies of internetlandia! Hear my plea!


Oh wise ladies of internetlandia! Hear my plea!
So an old Army buddy of mine called me today. Seems she had a dream about me sending her a box of books for christmas.

So i said "I can do that".

I would like to send her something cool. Something all girl power and kick ass. Something a kin to Mack Bolan, but with a female protagonist. Long before she worked in a lab she was a gun totin' tower monkey. We went on many a foreign adventure together and she needs to have some fun killin' bad guys and blowin' shit up. Like a lady.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. She's a D&D fan so killin' the bad guys with swords and blowing things up with magic isn't out of the question. Nor are lasers and quantum torpedos.

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

  1. My first thought was more like Greg Rucka's Queen & Country graphic novels.

    I some digging indicated that some people suggest the Modesty Blaise spy books could scratch the itch. Apparently the V.I. Warshawski books are similarly badass, but that's a PI and still not quite in the style of The Executioner series.

    Hrmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only other rec I could find that might fit was:
    "Lori Armstrong's 3 book Mercy Gunderson series. She's an ex-Army sniper back home in South Dakota after being injured. The first is No Mercy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait a secvond...my sister has a series she reads like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ask her what it is called. 
    I am heading out to the book store in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yea. Kristin Hunt would surely know about some good girl power reads.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment